- · Teaming with Grant for his first Kubb tournament at the Loppet.
o The whole match playing Puppies Puppies Puppies, especially Grant sealing the match with a no-look king shot!
o Pulling our butts out of the fire against Swedish Bikini Team with a low percentage double in the field with baton #6. Needed it, got it. High five!
o Battling The Ringers in the quarters – three games in ten minutes, two heavyweights just going after each other with everything we had, and barely a miss in the match. Ten minutes on the pitch made 10 hours in the car worth every second.
- · Inkasting for the 7-headed monster Kubbacca in Rockford.
o Going undefeated for 10 games until we met The Ringers in the Quarterfinals.
o Slogging out a brutal match against Aaron Berry et al in the round of 16. It was a grind, but we were all having a great time.
o Getting our butts handed to us in our first taste of 6-on-6 in a friendly match against the Big Red Machine after we were eliminated. Made us all look forward to Dallas even more!
- · Nationals!
o Kubb’d humbled us in the round of 16, but it’s still the biggest kubb party in the U.S. – how can you NOT love it? Great time hanging with Kubbnation.
- · Storming Decorah with Mike Larson
o Mike is a machine, and we played tough all day. Great experience hanging with JP and the Chaska crew for most of the day. I choked in the finals, but had to be happy taking home the 2nd place hammer!
- · The Fall Klassic
o Another great year for our crown jewel, and this year I was able to take a run through the meat grinder myself. I don’t mind patting myself on the back a bit, because that system is as intense as it is fun! Looking forward to my next go around with it in 2014. The even years are mine Dobbie!
- · Dallas with the Six Pack!!!
o The whole day. Just… THE WHOLE DAY.
o Hitting a 7 against Sweden’s Amateur Ringers to set up the win in the first game of the day.
o Rescues, the immaculate 8 meter drill, and Battle Kubb!
o Watching the kubbs fall my way time and again in the final match under the lights
o Chugging Valkyrie’s Rubee Red out of the championship chalice!!!
- · Playing a 4-man Scrambler with Dob, Goplin, and JP on a warm November night under the lights in Painter Park. Yeah sure, I lost 0-3, but what a group to play with!
- · It took me until the last day of the year, but I finally beat Dob in a ranked match. I opened 5-for-5 in game one, *LOST*, then took the next two games in grinds to finish the 2012 ladder the same way I started it – owning the red #2 tag.
…along the way I hoisted trophies at the DMK Winter Scrambler as well as the Harps Summer Invitational (coinciding with my birthday party). Yeah, it was a great year in Kubb for me, and somehow every year just keeps getting better!!!
Looking forward to seeing all of you on the pitch in 2013.
In : History
blog comments powered by Disqus